01 Jul 2019
The release of the SA Housing and Homelessness Taskforce report Towards a Housing, Homelessness and Support Strategy, including Strategic Intent, marks the start of broad engagement to shape a new Housing and Homelessness Strategy for our State.
The Strategic Intent and report – which can be read here - will guide the development of the strategy during the second half of 2019.
We are now starting broad engagement to capture the voices of as many South Australians as possible to shape the new strategy. This engagement will be conducted over the next two months in a variety of ways, including:
- Three targeted sector workshops (to be held later this month), focusing on market and affordability, supports and services and social housing. Aboriginal housing interests will also be included in each of these workshops.
- Lived Experience Workshops, to gain the insights of consumers in various parts of the housing system
- Online engagement, which is now on the YourSAy online portal at www.yoursay.sa.gov.au
- Other targeted sessions/discussions
- Regional workshops at various locations around the state
- Written submissions.
As details are finalised, you can keep up to date with the latest about these engagement opportunities here, or by registering your details with YourSAy.